Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below. Only answers recorded on your Scantron form will be marked. You have 30 minutes to complete the 25 sentences.
1. The plural form of bursa is ___.
2. The plural form of focus is ___.
3. The singular form of data is ___.
4. The singular form of zoa is ___.
5. The plural form of aponeurosis is ___.
6. The study of caring for wounds is called ___.
7. The young child’s parents were concerned about his habit of biting his nails, or ___.
8. The mother immediately rushed her child to the doctor when she saw a discharge flowing from the baby’s navel. Medically, this condition is known as ___.
9. The two root words “rach” and “spondyl” mean ___.
10. The term for not enough blood is ___.
11. Yanni seemed to be sleep walking, but he wasn’t really asleep. His ailment is called ___.
12. The tympanum is the ___.
13. A dacryocystotome is an instrument for incising the ___.
b. tear sac
14. A myotome is an instrument to incise the ___.
15. A coreometer is an instrument for measuring the ___.
16. Trichophobia is the abnormal fear of ___.
a. close places
17. Any one of three neural masses found in the cervical region is called a cervical ___.
18. The phalanges are bones of the ___.
c. arms and legs
d. fingers and toes
19. The word meaning excessive urination during the night is ___.
c. both a and b
d. neither a nor b
20. The medical examination of a body after the person’s death is termed a ___.
a. posthumous mortem
b. ante mortem
c. pre mortem
d. post mortem
21. The word dextromanual means ___.
d. both a and b
22. A nonmalignant tumor is called a ___.
23. Ankylosis is a condition of ___.
a. immovable eyelids
24. Whenever we see the word part “phren/o,” we know that the word refers to ___.
d. the mind
25. The patient was in a condition of greatly reduced tension. This state of ___ enabled him to rest peacefully.