Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below.
1. An x-ray revealed that the babyís stomach was not fully formed. This condition is called ___ of the stomach.
2. The man developed a rare disease that caused ___, or the destruction of his muscle tissue.
3. Oophoropexy means ___.
a. inflammation of an ovary
b. fixation of a displaced ovary
c. discharge of an ovum
d. development of an ovum
4. Shortly after the womanís doctor diagnosed her as having cancer of the uterus, the doctor advised her to have her uterus removed. Therefore, she underwent a ___.
5. As some movie stars become older, their eyelids sag. They undergo ___ in order to look younger.
6. People who ride motorcycles often wear special clothing or a kidney belt to protect against ___, which can occur from a hard blow or jolt.
7. The patient complained of ___, inflammation of the renal pelvis.
8. The final step in the procedure was ___, suturing of the ureter.
9. Doctors discovered that the patient suffered from ___, hemorrhage of a lung.
10. The worker developed ___ from breathing black dust.
11. The doctor used a ___ to examine the patientís mouth.
12. Certain bacteria cause inflammation of the gums and tongue, ___.
13. ≠≠≠The doctorís diagnosis was ___, paralysis of the small intestine.
14. A ___ is a doctor who specializes in diseases of the anus and the rectum.
15. The patient underwent a ___, examination of the liver.
16. To increase blood flow through the manís veins, venous dilation, ___,† was necessary.
17. ___ is another name for rupture of the bladder.
18. So that the patient would not experience pain during surgery, he was given ___.
19. The doctor prescribed medication to treat the inflammation near the kidney, ___.
20. One side effect of the medication was hearing two voice tones at the same time, ___.
21. Gallstones may require ___, surgical crushing of stones.
22. ___ is the field of medicine that studies and deals with mental and neurotic disorders.
23. The woman refused to heat her home because she suffered from ___.
24. Drugs that work together to increase each otherís effects are called ___ drugs.
25. Some cells will not stain at all. They are ___.