Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below
1. A person with red, inflamed hands or feet has ___.
2. When something causes overgrowth of the heart, ___ results.
3. When a stomach ulcer has perforated, a partial ___ may be indicated.
4. A pregnant woman may require hospitalization because of ___.
5. When the diagnosis is made of a diseased gland, but the disease is not specifically known or stated, the word used is ___.
6. The substance in connective tissue that resembles mucus is a ___ substance.
7. Two noun forms for head pain are cephalagia and ___.
8. The man was diagnosed with a brain tumor or ___.
9. A hard outgrowth on a bone may be a bone tumor or ___.
10. Physcians call surgical repair of a joint a/an ___.
11. ___ nerves wander from the normal nerve track.
12. ___ means surgical puncture, puncture, or tapping of the abdomen.
13. Because of the damage to the brain, children with ___ are usually mentally retarded.
14. The word meaning excision of part of the cranium is ___.
15. Cocci growing in clusters are ___.
16. When pus-forming bacteria invade the lining of the chest, ___ results.
17. ___, a disease affecting the ear, involves discharge, inflammation, and deafness.
18. A ___ is a stone in the nose.
19. Gallstones can result in inflammation of the gallbladder. Medically, this is called ___.
20. Children who play with their food while eating are exhibiting ___.
21. Abnormally fast or rapid heart action is ___.
22. When the lungs cannot get enough oxygen into the blood, blueness of the extremities, or ___, may result.
23. If the body does not produce enough white blood cells, the patient suffers from ___.
24. Patients who have greatly enlarged opinions of themselves suffer from ___.
25. When an organ or tissue that has developed properly wastes away or decreases in size, it is undergoing ___.