Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below
1. Whenever we see the word part ‘phren/o,’ we know that the word refers to ___.
c. the mind
2. Yanni seemed to be sleep walking, but he wasn’t really asleep. His ailment is called ___.
3. She will be undergoing an operation called sclerectomy soon. This term refers to an excision of the ___.
a. outer eye
b. inner ear
c. outer ear
d. inner eye
4. The plural of ‘iris’ is ___.
5. A histogenous substance is a substance composed of ___.
6. The main cerebral nerve centers are called the cerebral ___.
b. ganglious mass
7. The medical examination of a body after the person’s death is termed a ___.
a. pre mortem
b. ante mortem
c. post mortem
d. posthumous mortem
8. The patient used to always feel depressed. Now with the correct medication, he is better, and he often has feelings of ___.
9. Words such as calcaneum and calcanea, derived from the root word ‘calcane,’ refer to the ___.
10. The plural form of bursa is ___.
11. Mariam’s large toe has an ingrown toenail. This condition is also called ___.
12. The mother immediately rushed her child to the doctor when she saw a discharge flowing from the baby’s navel. Medically, this condition is known as ___.
13. The study of caring for wounds is called ___.
14. The patient was in a condition of greatly reduced tension. This state of ___ enabled him to rest peacefully.
15. The singular form of data is ___.
16. A coreometer is an instrument for measuring the ___.
17. The young child’s parents were concerned about his habit of biting his nails, or ___.
18. Retinal fatigue from exposure to very bright light is a cause of ___.
19. A myotome is an instrument to incise the ___.
20. The patient had carpoptosis, meaning that her ___ had prolapsed.
21. A nonmalignant tumor is called a ___.
22. The medical term for inflammation of a lymph vessel with formation of a clot is ___.
23. The tympanum is the ___.
24. This patient’s bladder requires proper irrigation before surgery. This irrigation is called ___.
25. The plural form of focus is ___.