Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below.
1. The patient complained of having difficulty swallowing and was diagnosed with ___.
2. Mr. Smith, whose arteries were hardening, had to eat foods low in saturated fats, to avoid stress, and to begin a rigorous exercise program because he had ___.
3. The motorcyclist who fell off his motorcycle was not wearing a kidney belt to protect his kidney and developed ___, prolapse of the kidney.
4. The determatologistís patient had a mole that turned black, so he knew that his patient could have ___.
5. The patient injured his mouth and had to have ___ to repair the damage.
6. After his car accident, the patientís mouth and lips were severely disfigured, so he underwent ___ to make his lips look normal again.
7. One result of the patientís cerebral hemorrhage was ___, paralysis of the tongue.
8.†† When the doctor checked his patientís small intestine, he used an ___ for the examination.
9.†† The doctor suspected that his patient had liver cancer so he performed a ___ to check for the disease.
10. The physician looked at the ___ to determine the pattern of the muscular contractions of the patientís heart.
11.When the person looked out the window he saw two trees when, in fact, there was only one tree.† He was suffering from ___.
12. The person was very farsighted because he had a condition called ___.
13. The psychologistís patient knew the real from the unreal; nevertheless, he exaggerated the reality.† He was suffering from ___.
14. The child, who had a very small head, was mentally retarded because he had ___.
15. The baby, born with six toes on each foot and six fingers on each hand, had ___.
16. The doctor observed that his patient had inflamed, swollen joints all over his body; as a result, he diagnosed ___.
17. ___ muscles work together.
18. After surgery, the patientís knee joint was absolutely immovable.† The patient was suffering from ___.
19. A ___ is more commonly known as an alcoholic.
20. Every time someone opened the door to his house, the man became terrified of the draft that came through because he had ≠≠≠___.
21. Bacteria that cause lockjaw to develop in wounds where no air penetrates are ___.
22. The scientist used a ______________ to determine the amount of color in the cells.
23. If a patient has normal digestion, he would not be diagnosed with dyspepsia but would be considered ___.
24. The woman underwent ___, difficult labor.
25. Symptoms that indicate an approaching disease are its ___.