1. scary (adj.), scarily (adv.), scare (v.), scare (n.) مخيف frightening
I find injections to be scary.
2. segregate (v.), segregation (n.), segregated (adj.) مفصول ، معزول separate, isolate
One man said that the English football fans should be segregated so that they would not cause trouble at the football match.
3. sensation (n.), sense (v.) شعور feeling
I felt a burning sensation on my skin.
4. sensation (n.), sense (v.) إحساس - feeling
I had the peculiar sensation that I was floating in air.
5. show يظهر (v.) demonstrate, illustrate, explain, give an idea about
Today, our teacher showed us how to write a summary.
6. show يثبت (v.) prove, confirm
His test results show that he is a good student..
7. show up (v. phrase) يظهر - able to be seen or be noticed
A trace of blood showed up in the patients urine.
8. side-effect (n.) مفعول جانبي the unpleasant effect something may have in addition to the effect it is supposed to have
One side-effect of the cold medication is sleepiness.
9. simultaneously (adv.) معا، في وقت واحد at the same time, concurrently
The transfer of carbon dioxide occurs simultaneously with the transfer of oxygen.
10. sober (adj.) abstinent
He told the police he was sober because he had not drunk any alcohol.
11. soothing (adj.), soothe (v.) مهدئ
The lotion had a soothing effect on the patients sunburned skin.
12. speculate (v.), speculation (n.) يتفكر ، يتأمل guess, conjecture, hypothesize
Scientists speculate that a mutated gene causes the disorder.
13. spread (v.) ينتشر transmit
Lyme disease is spread by deer ticks.
14. sterile (adj.) معقم uncontaminated
Place the liquid in a sterile beaker.
15. suggested (adj.), suggest (v.), suggestion (n.) أوحى - indicated
According to the patients symptoms, suggested treatment was an injection of penicillin.
16. swollen (adj.), swell (v.) منتفخ enlarged
His leg was swollen.
17. symptom (n.) عرض indication, sign
One symptom of Lyme disease is swelling of the lymph glands near the tick bite.
18. task (n.) مهمة chore
Her task is to record changes in temperature.
19. tendency (n.) ميل predisposition, propensity, inclination
Some people have a tendency to be diabetic.
20. termed (adj.), term (v.), term (n.) يسمى called, named, referred to as
The tool, termed a gastroscope, allows doctors to examine the gastric tract.
21. theorize يضع نظرية (v.), theory (n.) speculate, imagine
Scientists theorize that a large meteorite collided with the earth long ago.
22. tingling (n.), tingle (v.) شعور بوخز خفيف prickling
Faisal felt tingling up and down his spine.
23. tough (adj.) قاس demanding; strong
His father was a tough man.
That tough man can lift 200 kg.
24. trace (n.) اثر mark or sign (that shows that something happened or existed)
The man disappeared without a trace.
25. trace (n.) اثر a very small amount of something
Traces of blood were found under her fingernails.
26. tranquilizing (adj.) يهدئ sedating; calming, soothing
The drug is used for its tranquilizing effect.
27. transformed (adj.), transform (v.), transformation (n.) حول convert, change, alter
The liquid was transformed into a gas.
28. transient (adj.) زائل brief, temporary, fleeting
Fortunately, the pain is transient.
29. transmit (v.) ينقل spread
Lyme disease is transmitted by the deer tick.
30. trigger (v.), trigger (n.) يحدث، يطلق activate, generate, produce, catalyze
The hormone triggers growth.
31. typically (adv.) نموذجياً normally, usually, habitually
The disease typically takes several weeks to appear.
32. unexpectedly (adv.), unexpected (adj.) على نحو فجائي - without warning, unpredictably, out of the blue, all at once, surprisingly
The mixture exploded unexpectedly.
33. uphill (adj.) شاق very difficult (and requiring a lot of effort)
It was an uphill fight against emphysema.
34. utter (adj.), utterly (adv.) مطلق complete
He wants utter relief from the pain.
35. verbal (adj.) فعلي spoken, oral
Sometimes non-verbal communication is as important as verbal communication.
36. via (prep.) عن طريق by way of
The blood returns to the heart via the arteries.
37. vigorous (adj.), vigorously (adv.) نشيط or قوي energetic, forceful, strong, brisk
He closed his hand in a vigorous movement.
38. violent (adj.) شديد very strong, powerful, intense, uncontrolled
The patients shaking was violent.
39. vital (adj.) حيوي crucial, essential
Oxygen is vital for human survival.
40. wander (v.) يتجول roam
We spent a pleasant afternoon wandering through the mall.
41. widespread منتشر (adj.) prevalent, common, endemic
The disease is widespread throughout Europe.