1. particular (adj.) مفرد ، مستقل This adjective is always used in front of a noun.
One particular student, whom I wont name, is not doing his homework.
2. peak (v.) يبلغ الذروة to reach the highest value, level, rate, etc.
Her temperature peaked at 39Ί.
3. peculiar (adj.) خاص ، مميز characteristic of
A bitter smell is peculiar to that type of poison.
4. peculiar (adj.) غريب odd, strange
He is a peculiar person
5. perception (n.), perceive (v.) ملاحظة ، الإدراك الحسي awareness
There is something wrong with his perception of the problem.
6. perception (n.), perceive (v.) رأي opinion
My perception is different than yours.
7. perplex (v.), perplexing (adj.) يعقد puzzle, bewilder, confuse, confound, baffle
The data perplexes me.
8. persist (v.), persistence (n.) يواظب continue
You should see a doctor if your fever persists.
9. population (n.), populate (v.), populated (adj.) سكان inhabitants, residents
Good healthcare results in a healthy population.
10. position (n.), position (v.) موقع، موضع the place where something is or should be; opinion
That specimen is in the wrong position.
11. position (n.) موقف opinion
His position is that we should start again.
12. predisposition (n.), predispose (v.) ميل، نزعه tendency, inclination
A genetic predisposition may cause autism.
13. prey on (v.) يعيش على ، يتغذى ب feed on, live off of
Some bacteria prey on other bacteria.
14. private (adj.) personal
His life as a movie star is different than his personal life.
15. professional (n.) محترف someone who works in a job that requires special education and training
Dentists and pharmacists are professionals.
16. progress (v.), progression (n.) يتطور advance, grow
As the disease progresses, the symptoms increase.
17. progressively تدريجيا gradually
His condition progressively worsened.
18. proper مناسب right, suitable, correct
I put the book in its proper place.
19. proposed (adj.), propose (v.), proposal (n.) نوى ، اعتزم recommend, suggest
The proposed treatment is heart surgery.
20. public (n.), public (adj.) شعبي، عام community, general population; open
The public has a right to know the truth.
She left her purse in a public area.
21. pulse (n.) نبضه heartbeat
The nurse took the patients pulse.
22. rash (n.) طفح جلدي irritation, inflammation
She had a rash on her arms.
23. range (v.), range (n.) متغير vary, extend
Their TOEFL scores ranged from 500 to 550.
24. ravage (v.) يتلف damage severely
The disease ravages the immune system.
25. reality (n.) الحقيقة actuality
Reality is people do not have wings, so they cannot fly.
26. recognized (adj.), recognize (v.) يميز، يتعرف - accepted
That is not the recognized way to do that.
27. recurrence (n.), recur (v.) عوده reappearance, return
The recurrence of plague is a possibility.
28. refer (v.), reference (n.) يرجع إلى to be associated with; to send to someone for information, help, etc.
The term neoplasia refers to cancer.
The man was referred to Dr. Faisal for treatment.
29. regard (v.) يحترم consider
Mohammed regards this issue as being very important.
30. relate (v.), related (adj.) يتعلق أو يرتبط بشيء ما link, associate
The increase in lung cancer in women is related to the increasing number of female smokers.
31. related متصل ب kinned
She is related to my family.
32. replicate (v.), replication (n.) duplicate, copy, imitate
The mutant cell replicates itself.
33. residue (n.) الفضلة deposit
There was a brown residue in the empty beaker.
34. resistant (adj.), resist (v.), resistance (n.) مقاوم not harmed by
This watch is water resistant.
35. resistant (adj.), resist (v.), resistance (n.) مقاوم opposed to
She is resistant to change.
36. restore (v.), restoration (n.) يعيد bring back (to the original condition), return (to the original condition)
The patient will restore his health by following a new diet.
37. rotated (adj.), rotate (v.), rotation (n.) يدور على محور أو مركز revolve, spin
The earth rotates around the sun.
38. rule out (v.) يستبد، تشتي eliminate
Heredity has been ruled out as a cause of the disease.