Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below
1. To ___ from reality is to be mentally ill.
2. To ___ is to cut a tissue or to undo it (into parts) for purposes of study.
3. The word meaning pertaining to blood is ___.
4. A child born with a lateral curvature of the spine has ___ scoliosis.
5. A cell having one nucleus is ___.
6. A cell having two nuclei is ___.
7. Malodorous means having a ___ odor.
8. When the ileocecal valve cannot perform its function, the result is ileocecal ___.
9. The liver belongs on the right side of the body. If a patientís liver is on the left side of the body, the condition is hepatic ___.
10. ___ is the act of carrying water vapors across lung or skin tissue to eliminate them from the body.
11. To transport a cargo is to carry it ___ the ocean or land.
12. The word meaning against the side is ___.
13. The adjective denoting a drug that works against infection is ___.
14. An antibiotic is an agent that works ___ various infections.
15. ___ means pus in the bloodstream.
16. The prefixes sub and infra mean ___.
17. The prefix meaning over or upon is ___.
18. The prefix meaning outside of, beyond, and in addition to is ___.
19. The prefix meaning below or under is ___.
20. The prefix meaning under or below is ___.