Directions: Choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below
1. Sense organs and some glands are formed from the ___.
2. Organs, such as the stomach and small intestine, arise from the ___.
3. Muscles are formed by the ___.
4. ___ means forward bending.
5. ___ means diagnosing one’s own diseases.
6. The medical term for biting oneself is ___.
7. A woman who has borne more than one child is referred to as a ___.
8. A woman who has never borne a child is referred to as a ___.
9. A woman having her first child is referred to as a ___.
10. ___ means taking a baby away from the breast.
11. “Baby teeth” that fall from a child’s mouth are called ___ teeth.
12. When calcium is removed from the bones, there is less calcium than formerly. This process is called ___.
13. ___ means the taking out (from) any part of the body.
14. Excretion is the process of ___ a substance.
15. ___ means seizure or attacks of sleep, i.e. a person is absolutely unable to stay awake.
16. Something that is isometric is of ___ dimensions.
17. An ___ solution has the same osmotic pressure as red blood cells.
18. ___ means that the pupils of the eyes are of unequal size.
19. The medical term for inflammation around a gland is ___.
20. ___ means limited in space (as though a line were drawn around it).
21. Of the two prefixes that mean through, the one that you would expect to use more often in medical terminology is ___.
22. ___ means puncturing through.
23. A ___ is a parasite that lives on dead organic matter.
24. The medical term ___ means fingers or toes of equal length.
25. An abnormal condition resulting in unequal size of red blood cells is ___.