Directions: Based on vocabulary found on pages 67-88 in Medical Terminology, choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below. Compare your choice to the correct answer hidden under the answer button.
1. _____ is a word meaning discharge of pus.
2. The physician treated the patient for _____, which produced discharge, inflammation, and deafness in her ear.
3. The baby cried because of _____, or an earache.
4. The patient, who had a head cold, had a symptom of _____, or drainage from the nose.
5. The man had a stone in his nose, or a _____.
6. A gallstone, or _____, can be very painful.
7. The woman underwent a _____, or removal of her uterus.
8. _____ is the study of motion.
9. The man suffered from _____, or abnormally slow heart action.
10. The boy developed indigestion because of his fast eating, or _____.
11. If _____ were not temporary and the person did not resume breathing, death would result.
12. Because the man ate so rapidly, he developed _____.
13. A germ cell from which vessels develop is an _____.
14. The doctor diagnosed the patient as suffering from hardening of muscle tissue, or _____.
15. The surgeon removed the tumor containing muscle fibers, or a _____.
16. The doctor did not know what was causing the _____, or destruction of blood tissue.
17. The changes that occur in the cell from ooblast to mature ovum are _____.
18. _____ means excision of the ovary.
19. When an ovary is displaced, an _____ is performed.
20. The woman underwent a _____, or excision of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries.
21. When the uterus prolapses, it is called _____.
22. The surgeon performed _____, or surgical repair of the eyelid.
23. The man suffered _____ because of the hard blow to his kidneys.
24. He has a _____, or kidney stone.