Directions: Based on vocabulary found on pages 38-66 in Medical Terminology, choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below. Compare your choice to the correct answer hidden under the answer button.
1. _____ is a word meaning herniation of brain tissue.
2. A pain in the head can be referred to as _____ or _____.
3. Because the man had an inflammation of the brain, the physician diagnosed him as having _____.
4. I learned the term _____, which means brain tumor.
5. The accident caused a brain injury that resulted in softening of some brain tissue, or _____.
6. She wants a specialist in _____ because she is having trouble with her joints and bones.
7. In order to repair the patient's joint, the doctor performed _____.
8. The main was suffering from _____ in his tendons; therefore, his physician performed _____.
9. Muscles that move when a person breathes are the _____ muscles.
10. The man kept talking to himself and hitting himself in the face. His behavior was certainly _____.
11. When the fingers of the hand are spread apart, _____ has occurred in four fingers.
12. An _____ is formed when two normally separate tissues join together.
13. The physician had to surgically puncture the patient's abdomen. The word for this procedure is _____.
14. The word for incision into the bladder is _____, and the word for excision of the bladder is _____.
15. He suffered from a chest disease, or _____.
16. A _____ is a sac (or bladder) filled with watery fluid.
17. The doctor used _____, or treatment by water.
18. The surgery was very delicate, for the doctor had to make an incision into the skull, or _____.
19. _____ are bacteria that grow in twisted chains.
20. A _____ is a hernia containing pus.
21. _____ is an accumulation of pus in the thoracic cavity.
22. A bacterium that forms pus is referred is as a _____ bacterium.
23. _____ refers to the brain and spinal cord.
24. A device used to measure the pelvis is a _____.