Directions: Based on vocabulary found on pages 1-38 in Medical Terminology, choose the best term to complete each of the sentences below. Compare your choice to the correct answer hidden under the answer button.
1. The man must have _____ because his hands and feet are enlarged.
2. The girl has skin problems, so she went to a _____.
3. Although the weather was very hot, the manís skin was blue because he suffered from _____.
4. The doctor diagnosed the man as having _____ because he could not move his legs.
5. The physician wanted a thin slice of the patientís skin for examination under a microscope, so the doctor asked for a _____.
6. The womanís skin was very white because she suffered from _____.
7. _____ is the study of cells.
8. The doctor wanted to know how many white blood cells there were, so he asked for a _____ count.
9. The manís body did not produce enough white blood cells because he was suffering from _____.
10. A symptom of the disease _____ is the presence of too many white blood cells in the blood.
11. Because the man had an enlarged heart, the _____ diagnosis was _____.
12. The patient complained of _____ because of the pain in his stomach.
13. The doctor ordered a partial _____ because the patientís stomach ulcer had perforated.
14. The surgeon performed a _____ to remove the natural connection between the stomach and the part of the small intestine that connects with the stomach. Then, he formed a new connection.
15. The womanís thyroid gland was secreting more than normal, so she was diagnosed with _____.
16. The pregnant woman suffered from excessive vomiting, or _____.
17. The manís organs continued to waste away, a condition known as _____.
18. The doctorís diagnosis was _____ because of the manís inflamed glands.
19. _____ is a disease of a gland.
20. The man had cancer of the spleen, or _____.
21. Pathologists use the term _____ to describe a substance that looks like fat, dissolves like fat, but is not fat.
22. _____ is secreted by cells in the nose, and any substance that resembles it is termed _____.
23. Because the air from the patientís nose to his larynx was obstructed, the surgeon performed a _____.
24. The woman had a pain in her head, or _____.