1. accelerate (v.) يعجل , acceleration (n.), accelerated (adj.) speed up
By adding this chemical, we accelerate the process.
2. address (v.) يوجه focus on, concentrate on
We need to address the need for a cure for this disease.
3. affect (v.) يؤثر في to influence
Eating too much candy will affect your weight.
4. anxiety (n.), anxious (adj.), anxiously (adv.) قلق
He is suffering from anxiety.
5. apparatus جهاز (n.) device, piece of equipment, gadget, tool
The astronauts have special breathing apparatus.
6. application (n.), apply (v.) applied (adj.) a. spread on; b. استعمال - use
i. An application of sunscreen on your skin before you go out in the sun will prevent sunburn.
ii. One application of the program is that it can be used by physicists.
7. apply (v.), application (n.) يضع put on, apply, rub on, spread over
Apply the cream all over your skin.
8. area (n.) region, part منطقه
He was suffering from pain in the area near his heart.
9. assemble (v.) يركب put together, construct
The worker assembled the new machine.
10. aspect (n.) مظهر quality
HIV can be defined according to three aspects: cause, symptoms, and treatment.
11. attach (v.), attachment (n.) يرفق fasten, append, connect
Attach your photograph to your application.
12. basic (adj.) أساسي essential, fundamental, necessary
Food is a basic human need.
13. beaker (n.) كوب صيدلي a glass container used in laboratories for pouring liquids
The beaker contained a liquid.
14. blister (n.) بثرة sore
My new shoes caused a blister on my heel.
15. blistering (n.), blister (v.) يتقرح، يبثر
The acid resulted in an area of blistering on his hand.
16. bond (v.), bond (n.) يتماسك adhere, attach, become firmly fixed together
It takes less than 10 seconds for the two papers to bond.
17. branch off (v. phrase) يتفرع separate
The bronchi branch off into bronchioles.
18. called (adj.), call (v.) يسمى termed, named
A special tool, called a gastroscope, is used to perform a gastroscopy.
19. carrier (n.), carry (v.) حامل ( مرض ، شيء) transmitter
Fleas are carriers of the Y. pestis bacterium.
20. catch (v.) يصاب contract, become infected with
He caught a cold.
21. chief (adj.) رئيس principal, foremost, leading
The chief reason for attending school is to acquire knowledge.
22. choke up (v.) يخنق fill with tears
He choked up when he heard the bad news.
23. chronic (adj.) مزمن unable to be cured
He suffers from chronic arthritis.
24. circular (adj.) مستدير
He moved his arms in a circular motion.
25. clump (n.), clump (v.) مجموعة أشجار bunch, cluster, mass
The ball was lost in a clump of trees.
26. cognitive (adj.) مفكر related to the process of knowing, thinking, and learning
Cognitive skills are important for students.
27. collaborate (v.), collaboration (n.), collaborative (adj.), collaboratively (adv.) يشترك - work together, pool resources
Faisal and Abdulaziz collaborated on the project.
28. collaboratively (adv.) يتعاون - jointly
Faisal and Abdulaziz worked on the project collaboratively.
29. collaborator (n.) زميل colleague, coworker
Faisal and Abdulaziz are collaborators on the project.
30. combat (v.) يصارع try to stop, try to reduce, try to defeat
The doctor used a new drug to combat the effects of the common cold.
31. commence (v.) يبدأ begin, start
We commenced our studies in September.
32. common (adj.) a. عادي, b. مشترك
i. Kuwaitis and Saudis share a common language.
ii. Measles used to be a common childhood disease.
33. communicable (adj.) قابل للنقل أو الإبلاغ
Measles is a communicable disease.
34. complex (adj.) معقد complicated, intricate
Brain surgery is a very complex procedure.
35. complicated (adj.) complex
This is a complicated question.
36. complication (n.) مضاعفه an added difficulty; one disease superimposed on another disease without being specifically related yet affecting or modifying the prognosis of the original disease
One complication of the measles can be pneumonia.
37. confer (v.) يمنح give, bestow
His father conferred the name Bader on him.
38. congenital (n.) خلقي
The baby was born with a congenital birth defect.
39. constant (adj.) ثابت steady, unvarying
The mixture must be kept at a constant temperature.
40. contain (v.) يحتوي hold, be full of
The glass contained water.
41. continual (adj.), continually (adv.) مستمر repeated, persistent, repetitive
The teacher asked him to stop his continual chatter.
42. contract (v.) يعدي become infected with, catch
He contracted leprosy while he was living in India.
43. controversy (n.), controversial (adj.) مناقشه debate, argument
There was a controversy over whether we should go or stay.
44. convert (v.), conversion (n.), converted (adj.) يحول changed, transformed
The water was converted into steam.
45. convey (v.) ينقل transmit
The disease is conveyed to humans by infected mice.
46. crucial (adj.), crucially (adv.) مهم جدا vital, critical, key
Receiving prompt treatment is crucial if the patient is to live.
47. culminate (v.), culmination (n.) ينهي، يبلغ أقصى حد end in
Hodgkins disease eventually culminates in death.